Looking to be part of a creative, collaborative team? Influence a growing organization? Mentor and develop young talent? A Senior Mechanical Engineer at Performa can do this while bringing innovative solutions to our clients complex facility design.
Performa is an architectural and engineering firm located in De Pere, WI that helps organizations succeed by designing superior performing environments that facilitate organizational success in partnership with our clients. We do this through understanding our client's unique needs by being exceptional listeners; being completely open and honest about the challenges that are present; and finding the right solution regardless of difficulty.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include Plumbing and HVAC planning, designing, engineering and construction document production and maintaining client relationships in the Plumbing and HVAC engineering disciplines for facilities projects. Additional duties include assistance with energy analysis and sustainable design, existing system condition assessment, and construction administration activities.
Minimum Training and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Architectural/Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution with an emphasis or specific training in Plumbing and HVAC engineering for build environments
- Plumbing and fire protection design/engineering experience
- Building types include higher education, corporate/commercial and manufacturing facilities
- Ten or more years experience and professional license required
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate project objectives, problems, solutions and scope changes with clients, field personnel and internal staff
- Ability to facilitate close work with clients, field personnel and internal staff to achieve deadlines and quality work
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team/collaborative setting, make sound decisions and drive action cross functionally
- Knowledge of building codes, regulations and requirements along with thorough knowledge of building materials and construction methods, knowledge of procedures and sequencing of construction documents
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and specialized Plumbing and HVAC engineering software (eg. Trace 700); Revit experience is preferred